als photos

Saturday 26 May 2012

carp

after getting my arse into gear i set off for ratherheath tarn this morning to have a go at catching my first ever carp on the fly.Armed with my 9 weight rod a bag of dog biscuits a unhooking mat and a 38 inch landing net i headed for the boat yard.On getting there i could see about 12 carp in the shallows i tossed in a few offerings but nothing took up my offer, i put on a deer hair fly and cast among the carp.After about 5 mins a big pair of lips emerged from under my fly and sucked it down i struck but was too fast and the net result was a fly in the tree oh bother  (or words to that effect).In i went again this time i managed to wait long enough for the carp to suck it down i struck and all hell broke loose i managed to land it, i didnt have my scales with me but as you can see it must be double figures after that i had 2 more half takes but caught nothing more i was talking to dave williams down sandhall ponds and he said that they spawning so that could be the case at ratherheath  but i will be back again as they dont have pull your string !!!!


small and fat just like me

No comments:

Post a Comment