als photos

Thursday 15 March 2012

Season starts with a whimper not a bang

The first day of the season saw me on the Eden on getting to the river as i thought it was going to be like combat fishing judging on all the cars parked in the lay byes along the river.With my first choice stretch out of the question i headed for another stretch i have fished before.

The weather was cold and tricky downstream wind greeted me as i walked the river as i thought it was gin clear and low,I wandered down looking in the usual haunts but could see nothing moving after a while i decided to hedge my bets and go for the clink and dink method.

I picked up 2 small grayling and as you can see by my gloves it wasn't exactly t shirt weather but at least i caught it was good to get out on the river again and although it was cold i witnessed a steady stream of olives coming off.




No comments:

Post a Comment