als photos

Saturday 19 November 2011

Eden

After watching the EA website all week i decided to try the eden,this is the first time in a month or so i have been on a river.

On parking up the river was in a nice low level and it was a mild warm day,fish were conspicuous by there absence but on walking up the river i witnessed a number of large fish jumping clean out of the water,after watching one particular fish jump i thought could it be a salmon?

After quite a few miles under my belt i had managed to catch 4 grayling the biggest being a 17 inch fish (see below) on walking back to my car i bumped into john gardiner on asking him about the jumping fish he indeed told me that they would be salmon and right on cue one jumped right where we were.



2 comments:

  1. Stunning fish! I managed to get up-to the Eden for the first time ever last year on the Lazonby Estate. The river wasn't at its best and the wind was against us but I have to say, it was a thoroughly enjoyable day. The river is absolutely fantastic and I cannot wait to return for another session.

    Great Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers for looking at my blog and the feed back yes the eden is stunning all the best and tight lines for 2012 i might see you on the eden.

      Delete