als photos

Saturday 6 August 2011

Quiet Times

Over the last few weeks with the weather being on the hot side i has been a case of picking your days and fishing either early morning or late at night, With this in mind I have been doing a few late sessions on my local brown trout water knotthallow.

Using my float tube I have had some very fruitful sessions catching well on mainly spider patterns,but on my last visit there was a massive hatch of flying ants hatching off and this certainly had the trout looking up.

I have also not neglected the river and have had a few sessions on the eden catching mainly trout with a sprinkling of big grayling amongst them, last weekend i took a fellow angler onto the eden who had not fished a river before.After setting his tackle up and showing him  likely haunts he hooked and lost a trout and then managed to hook and land a grayling the look on his face was amazing and worth the trip up just for that.

Last sunday saw me on the bela at milnethorpe (regretably not fishing but on a working party) greg and myself have been the last twice and for half a days work you get a days ticket to fish the water,so i will be on the bela next weekend weather permitting.

Ulverston anglers are holding a open day on knott see link to the uaa website its a free days fishing with local angler and casting guru tony reily there to answer all your casting questions and give free lessons its all free so come along

ulverstonangling.org

No comments:

Post a Comment