als photos

Saturday 19 February 2011

High Newton

With a holiday booked for Friday morning a few hours on high newton was called for the weather was OK overcast but  wind was going to be a problem,pulling into the car park it didn't look like there was many anglers on the water.

A quick walk onto the dam i could see the wind was blowing into the dam so I set up and on went a damsel nymph,casting Into the wind was tricky and after about 20 mins of swapping and changing flys a move was In order.

A leisurely walk round the water looking for fish moving I ended up at the top end of the water with the wind on my back as least if I was going to blank I was going to be warm doing It.

In the shallow bay a few trout were topping I tried  various dry flys but could not get them to rise to my fly so then  I tied on a black cormorant thinking they had to be feeding just under the surface and after a while  i had my first fish.

A few hours later and i came off the water having caught a few more.



No comments:

Post a Comment